Review | Illamasqua Gleam cream highligter

Illamasqua highlighter

On my everyday makeup routine video, I told you I only have one highlighter from MAC and that it was enough. Now with this article, we can all say I LIED to you. In my defence, I also lied to myself which makes things balanced, right? 

Dans ma vidéo my everyday makeup routine, je vous disais que je n'ai qu'un seule highlighter de chez MAC et que ça me suffisait. Avec cet article, nous sommes tous d'accord pour dire que je vous ai menti. Pour ma défense, je me suis aussi menti à moi-même, ça équilibre les choses, non ? 


I always wanted to try Illamasqua makeup so I visited their store in Dubai mall and this Gleam highlighting cream in Aurora immediately grabbed my attention. 

J'ai toujours voulu essayer du makeup Illamasqua donc je suis allée visiter leur boutique au Dubai mall et cette crème rayonnante Gleam highliting cream dans la teinte Aurora m'a tout de suite tapé dans l'oeil. 


Illamasqua highlighter closeup


The highlighter comes in a simple yet chic packaging. It is a lightweight compact cream texture that offers a lustrous champagne tint with an iridiscent finish for both face and body. As soon as you manipulate the highlighter, you can see it is very pigmented and glowy. It captures the light around particularly well.

As for the application, this highlighter is easy to handle, just dap it onto your face with you finger as I did on the picture below. Don't be too heavy-handed as it can be too shiny - and if you are looking for a light highlight, it can be tricky. I personally prefer applying it over my foundation or bb cream but you can also apply under, it is up to you. 

I really like this highlighter, for its color and its pigmented texture too. Though I noticed it doesn't stay all day long, 4 to 5 hours only. I think it is mainly because of its creamy texture, my Skinfinish powder highlighter from MAC stays much longer. I guess having a combination skin doesn't help so I would advise you to set up with a translucent powder - but it won't give as a shiny finish. 

Price: AED135

Le packaging est simple mais chic. C'est une texture crème compacte légère avec une teinte champagne et qui laisse un fini irrisé, que ce soit sur le visage ou sur le corps. Dès que vous le manipulez, vous pouvez voir que ce highlighter est très pigmenté et brillant. Il capture particulièrement bien la lumière. 

Quant à l'application, c'est un highlighter qui est facile à manipuler, il suffit d'en tapoter par petites touches avec votre doigt comme je l'ai fait sur la photo ci-dessous. N'ayez pas la main trop lourde car ça peut devenir trop brillant (et on ne veut pas ressembler à une boule de disco). Personnellement, je l'applique par-dessus mn fond de teint ou ma bb crème mais vous pouvez en appliquer avant, selon vos préférences. 

J'aime beaucoup ce highlighter, pour sa couleur et pour sa texture pigmentée. Ceci dit, il ne tient pas toute la journée, à peine 4 ou 5 heures. Je pense que c'est surtout à cause de sa texture crème, mon highlighter poudre Skinfinish de MAC reste beaucoup plus longtemps. J'imagine qu'avoir une peau mixte n'aide pas donc je conseillerais plutôt de l'appliquer avec une poudre translucide pour fixer le produit mais ça ne donnera pas un fini aussi éclatant. 

Prix : 135AED ou 27.99e sur Asos


Illamasqua highlighter try on

Comments