Recipe | Banana and Pears Chocolate Cake
And because the good things must be shared, here is my (oh so yummy) chocolate cake recipe.
If you ever try it, I would love to hear from you!
For a rectangle-shaped cake mold
- 1 banana
- 2 pears
- 4 whole eggs
- 100g flour
- 50g corn starch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 100g butter
- 125g baking dark chocolate (I used the "corsé" bar from Nestlé dessert)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC.
2. Peel and dice the pears (not too small pieces).
3. In a bowl, mash the banana and add sugar. Then add the softened butter and mix well. Set aside.
4. In a second bowl, mix briskly the eggs.
5. Blend apart the powders: flour, corn starch and baking powder.
6. Add the powders to the eggs and mix well.
7. After melting the chocolate in a double boiler, pour the melted chocolate in the eggs/powders mixture. Blend until you get a uniform color.
8. Then, pour this mixture in the first one (banana / sugar / butter) while blending well. There must be no lumps left.
9. Pour a layer of the final mixture in a baking tin. Then add few pieces of pear. Repeat the process until you end up pouring a last layer of mixture.
10. Let it bake in the oven for around 40 minutes (depending on your oven, keep watching).