Review & Swatch | Givenchy Le Rouge lipstick

Givenchy Le Rouge lipstick in Rose Dressing 202 close up


My lipstick collection is drastically expanding so I couldn't be happier when I received this Givenchy Le Rouge lipstick in #rose dressing, as a gift from the brand. I (re)discovered Givenchy makeup at a blogger event last month and among all the beautiful items displayed, the lipstick was the one that caught my eyes.

Let me tell you what I think of this lipstick!


Givenchy Le Rouge lipstick in Rose Dressing 202

PACKAGING & COLOR


Can we take a second to talk about the packaging please? No because it's not a joke! How beautiful and sophisticated is it? The lipstick comes in a heavy-duty metal tube encased in real leather. For sure, Le Rouge is a little piece of luxury in your handbag!

As of now, there are 25 shades in total. Givenchy describes Rose Dressing (#202) as a bright coral pink that tends a bit more towards the  pink actually. To me this hue is perfect for summer but I wouldn't mind wearing pink on winter either! For some reason, the lipstick's shade and the color once on the lips are different. It's a much brighter pink once applied. It's also a very pigmented and intense lipstick, more than its little brother, Le Rouge A Porter.


Givenchy Le Rouge lipstick in Rose Dressing 202 swatch


TEXTURE & APPLICATION


Le Rouge lipstick has a creamy texture that makes it easy to glide on the lips. It's also very comfortable to wear on a long period of time thanks to its hydrating-like consistency. On another hand, it's non-greasy and non-sticky. I get an opaque layer of lipstick after the first blow. Needless to say even though it's not a matte finish, I recommend you to scrub your lips before so the chapped areas don't mark.


FINISH & LASTING POWER 


Here we have a semi-matte lipstick with a shiny finish. It's not too matte, not too glossy either, it's the perfect finish for a lipstick and that's why it lasts so long. Indeed, the lasting power is really good: around 5 hours on my lips; it starts fading earlier if I eat or drink but one layer of lipstick is enough to get the correct finish again.


Overall, Le Rouge is a great lipstick, I really like it! The fact that the buttery texture doesn't stop it from being very pigmented is a real plus. For sure Rose Dressing isn't my last one from Givenchy. It is quite pricey but I believe it's worth every penny given the quality we have here.

Price: 170AED (prices may vary)

Comments

CJD.Sign said…
Gorgeous Color!
Unknown said…
Thank you very much!