Review & Swatch | Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipsticks

Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Butter Lipsticks

You already read about Tarte Cosmetics on my blog and social media platforms. It all started with my makeup haul from Kuala Lumpur here where I got literally crazy at the Tarte counter and just wanted to grab everything. Unfortunately, this remaining a dream, I opted for the star products which were far enough to convince me! The Amazonian Butter Lipsticks are the best sellers and I definitely get why.


PACKAGING, COMPOSITION & COLORS


Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Butter Lipsticks details

From left to right: Tulip, Watermelon, Ethereal Pink

Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Butter Lipsticks Swatch and Review

Tulip is an old rose hue that matches the most my natural lip color.

Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Butter Lipsticks Swatch and Review

Watermelon is a bright coral with a hint of pink, like a not fully ripe watermelon.

Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Butter Lipsticks Swatch and Review

Ethereal Pink is a light neutral pink shade.


These lipsticks are enriched with naturally derived ingredients such as murumuru butter, cupuacu butter and shea butter. They are major actives ingredients that give the lipsticks their great texture (see below).  I possess pure shea butter and murumuru so I can confirm they're amazing to keep skin elasticity and hydration. They are also formulated without phthalates, parabens, mineral oil nor sodium lauryl sulfates. This is what makes Tarte more natural than other brands.

One can recognize Tarte lipsticks by their attractive floral packaging. I usually don't buy makeup because of its cuteness power but I have to admit it plays a ertain role in mind. The colors are inspired by the Amazon (by the way, Amazonian clay is one of the star ingredient in their makeup range). As of now, there are 8 colors in the permanent collection from coral to pink shades. Ethereal Pink is a limited-edition color released for Tarte 15th anniversary. Don't worry though, it is still available.

I find the lipsticks colors very skin-flattering and perfect for spring and summer season.

The container itself seem fragile as it is made with cardboard material yet the packaging is sturdy, (trust me, crash tests are being held in my messy purse very often!).

TEXTURE & APPLICATION


The lipsticks texture is creamy/buttery which make them glide smoothly on the lips. The consistency lies between a lipgloss and a lipstick that reminds me of the Givenchy Le Rouge lipstick I made a review about here.

Something that surprised me is the mint scent because of peppermint oil among the ingredients. It doesn't bother me that much but I'd rather apply a fragrance-free lipstick. I feel like somehow it gives a bit of a sticky feeling on the lips.

FINISH & LASTING POWER


The pigmentation of these three shades is light and they give a semi-opaque coverage. Still, the color pigmentation is buildable by applying several layers if you want a more vibrant hue. In any case, if you are looking for a very pigmented lipstick, don't pick it up from Tarte, especially Ethereal Pink which is the less pigmented of all. I personally love them for this exact reason as I wear natural hues on my lips on a daily basis.

They look matte from the tube yet these Butter Lipsticks have a creamy sheen finish. They give a very natural look though thus they're a perfect adding to a nude / natural makeup.

Although I don't feel any moisturizing power in these lipsticks, they don't dry out the lips either.

At last but not least, the lasting power isn't extraordinary since they last maximum 2 hours on my lips if I don't drink nor eat.

Overall, I do love them nonetheless for a daily use.

Price: 17$ on Sephora US (link) and on Tarte website (here and there)

Comments