April - May favorites, flops & beauty discoveries


Hi there, it's been a while! I am happy to be back now things are slowing down a bit during Ramadan. Enough at least to sit down and talk about makeup I liked, disliked and discovered these past two months.

Favorites


Illamasqua Powder Blusher in #excite
My love for Illamasqua blushes is infinite. The pigmentation is out of this world (which can make the application tricky) but the colors are gorgeous. This bright not-too-orang-ish coral is the go-to color for a 'no makeup makeup'.

Nars The Multiple Stick in #orgasm
Believe it or not, I never bought the classic orgasm blush. It was about time to get it and I opted for the stick format to carry it with me at work for touch ups. I have something for coral shades when it comes to blushes. This one is a beautiful peachy pink shimmering color that is perfect for those who wants a natural look. It is versatile since it can be applied on eyelids and lips.

Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in #Alaska
My best friend when it is 45 degrees celsius outside. Foundations are being too heavy now it is summer (and we know summer in Dubai is at another level). The texture and coverage are light yet it is enough and it is SPF30 which is great. However, although it is supposed to be a moisturizer, I never skip the hydration step before applying makeup.

MAC Lustre Lipstick in #syrup
My go to lipstick for both day and night although I have to say it is not long lasting - but I don't mind touching up. The color is a mix between dustry rose and plum which I believe can suit any complexion. The lipstick is also buildable, non sticky and easy to apply.

By Terry Ombe Blackstar Stick Eyeshadow in #bronze moon
Warning: Absolute favorite here! I told you about this little gem as part of my haul from France, remember? So the quality turned out amazing, I have absolutely nothing negative to say. It is the kind of shades that suits every complexion/eye color, every situation. The texture is perfectly balanced, not dry nor too greasy, you can work the product with the tip of your finger without the pigmentation to be spoiled.

Discoveries


Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in #Champagne Pop
Dubai market is getting more and more interesting makeup wise now that Becca has launched few days ago. As soon as I heard about it, I rushed into Sephora at the Dubai mall and grabbed this little gem renamed C-pop (because Champagne = alcohol, ya know). Champagne pop highlighter is the brand's bestseller, made in collaboration with Jaclyn Hill and I've been hearing about it for years without daring to order from the USA. I prefer experimenting the product before making a decision but I definitely should have got it long ago! The color is a warm coral with gold sparkles, it is so pigmented and dense that a little goes a long way. I absolutely love it.

Anastasia beverly Hills Brow Wiz in #dark brown
This retractable pencil is surprisingly slim which makes the process easy when you have sparse brows. The finish can look very natural if you do want to. The texture is also great: not too dry not too greasy so it glides easily. The long-lasting power is great, I never had any issue with keeping my makeup stay all day long. Kuddos to you Anastasia for this product!

Marc Jacobs Eyeliner Pencil in #(o)vert
I didn't really know what to expect but I fell in love with the color. It is a beautiful deep olive shimmery shade that I worn one day only, not enough to have a proper opinion. All I can say for now is that the crayon has a creamy texture and is waterproof. There's a secret built-in sharpener at the other tip of the pencil which is super convenient.

Flops


Hurraw Lip Balm in #almond
As soon as I applied the first layer I hated it. It is too hard to glide smoothly which literally hurts the lips. I am so disappointed because Hurraw lip balms are cruelty free and made with healthy ingredients but I just couldn't use it for some reason. Big no no.

Chanel Volume Mascara
God knows how much I wanted to love it. This mascara is popular among the beauty bloggers, the packaging is beautiful, the black color is dense and beautiful. But it just didn't work for me and my short lashes. Although I applied the mascara alone, then with an eyelash curler, over another mascara, none of these ways gave me the look I want. If you too have short lashes, I don't recommend this mascara.

Bourjois Color Edition 24h eyeshadows
I bought the two shades a year ago and disliked it to the point where I threw it in the drawer and forgot about it until recently. The pigmentation is so weak it's extremely disappointing. I don't know if Bourjois changed the formula in the meantime but I don't want to try anymore.

Beauty Blender Micro.mini sponge
I gave them a try but eventually ended up thinking it is unnecessary when you already have the standard Beauty Blender. Plus, it rapidly became mouldy though I am a control freak when it comes to cleaning my stuff so no, the micro.mini are definitely a no.

Comments