Lush Fresh Face Masks



I haven't bought anything from Lush for a very long time. To be honest, I just feel a bit lost amidst all the products with the same packaging and funny names that are not always clear as for their purpose. However, I recently thought I should give Lush a (new) try with their Fresh Face Masks.

I picked up two masks: Cosmetic Warrior and The Sacred Truth. I don't know about you but I still don't understand how one can get what these products are exactly just by the title. The instructions are not explicit whatsoever, don't you think?

Anyway, Fresh Face Masks are homemade directly in the store, with natural ingredients hence they have a short lifespan: 4 weeks. The ingredients list I will breakdown here is clean, which is a very good surprise as I was afraid I would be facing another greenwashing rubbish.


Although The Sacred Truth mask aims dry and mature skin, which I can't relate to, it is full of hydrating, renewing and nourishing ingredients that can suit any complexion in general: mainly honey, white clay (kaolin), fresh papaya, primrose oil and shea butter. The mask comes in a muddy/greenish color with a creamy texture. Since ingredients are always listed in proportional order with highest quantities first, you can see it is no joke:

Honey Glycerine Kaolin Talc Fresh Papaya (Carica papaya) Soya Yoghurt (Glycine soja) ,Bentonite Gel Organic Evening Primrose Oil (Oenothera Biennis) Lanolin Fair Trade Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera) Fresh Organic Free Range Eggs ,Fragrance Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata) Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia) Rosewood Oil (Aniba rosaeordora) ,Fresh Wheatgrass (Triticum Aestivum Vulgare) ,Organic Ginseng Root Powder (Panax Ginseng) ,Green Tea Powder (Camelia sinensis) Ginkgo Leaf Powder (Ginkgo biloba) Bee Pollen *Benzyl Benzoate *Citronellol *Farnesol *Geraniol ,*Limonene *Linalool . *Occurs naturally in essential oils

Ten minutes are enough for the mask to leave your skin super smooth and hydrated without ever feeling tightened throughout the process. Actually, the product is so gentle to the skin, one can even apply the mask twice a week.

The second mask is Cosmetic Warrior which aims break-out prone skins. I have been dealing with punctual hormonal acne for months without being able to find a solution. Even if I know cosmetics can't fix an internal unbalance, I can see they can help in the everyday life. I would advice you to apply this mask once a week only due to the deeply cleansing ingredients.

First thing I noticed is the short list of ingredients (a simplified composition is often a good sign):

Kaolin Fresh Green Grapes (Vitis vinifera) Fresh Free Range Eggs Honey Cornstarch (Zea mays) ,Glycerine Fresh Garlic (Allium sativum) Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) *Limonene Fragrance

Tea tree oil as an antibacterial, afresh garlic to fight pimples and honey to hydrate hence conter balance the cleansing power of tea tree and garlic. Eggs add protein which is supposed to tighten pores. The mask has an uneven and creamy texture. After rinsing, my skin is left fresh and deeply cleansed with unclogged pores. And it feels good!

And because these masks are made with fresh ingredients, they must be stored in the fridge so they also give a soothing feeling once applied.

I would definitely recommend both masks!

Comments